In life, there are so many reasons to skip your early morning gym session. A few extra minutes of shut eye before a long day, chilly weather, chaotic schedules and even fears of the global pandemic can all play a role.
Fair enough, life happens and priorities shift. However, you should never put your health on the back burner.
So, to help you sneak in a quick workout during the day, we have found a few simple exercises that can be done using a chair. This means that you can do it at the office or even while watching the evening news.
5 Simple Chair Exercises
- Crunches: In this modified version, we use a chair to increase the intensity of the workout. Sit in the chair, as close to the edge as possible. Using the armrests to stabilise yourself, slowly lean backwards and bring your legs in. Slowly stretch your legs out, holt for a few seconds and then return to the starting crunch position. Repeat 20 times.
- Russian twists: Sit in a chair, as close to the edge as possible. Lift your legs and bend them inwards, keeping your spine straight. Slowly twist and lower your legs to the right side, hold for a few seconds and then return to starting potion. Repeat on the left side. Try to complete 15 times on each side, so 30 in total.
- Tricep dips: Standing with your back facing a chair, reach your arms out behind you and position them on the seat. Bring yourself down into an imaginary chair, seated position. Continue lowering yourself as far as possible. Hold it and then return to start. Repeat 20 times.
- Inclined plank: This is actually a great way to get started with planking as it is slight easier than the normal version. Place your forearms on the seat of a chair and stretch your legs out behind you. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Squats: When it comes to getting squat form right, this is a great way to go about it. Standing with your back facing a chair and feet hp distance apart, slowly lower yourself down into an imaginary chair – do not rest your bum on the seat of the chair behind you. Hold for a few seconds and return to start. Repeat 20 times.
Stop finding excuses
Let us face it, the excuses will always be there. They are easy to find and easy to believe. What is worth noting is that there is also an equal amount of opportunity available when it comes to fitting in a quick workout.
In fact, it’s as easy as if you want to buy Bitcoin instantly. Simply look at the world around you and be inspired. Considering the few exercises we mentioned with a chair, there’s room for so much more activity in your home and office.